Greek yogurt in the batter makes this yogurt poppy seed cake incredibly moist, fresh, and flavorful. Is it strange that I’m not ready for Fall yet? The weather has gone weird lately as we’re approaching the end of September but the temperature is still showing 100°F during the day. Though I’ve been enjoying some pumpkin recipes at home, I must say that I still want to prolong Summer days. Weird, eh?
In this kind of weather, I am hesitant to enter the kitchen, but nevertheless, my baking quota has doubled this month compared to any other month. This was because of the birthday party we had last weekend and I was quite pleased with the result.
I am glad that I always stock our fridge with yogurt, especially Chobani, because it is convenient, delicious, and healthy for breakfast or anytime in between during this extreme weather condition. And on most nights when we crave for something sweet to clean our palate, we grab another scoop or two… or a small container of Chobani. Yes, it is that good!
Today I’ll be sharing with you a cake recipe that use Chobani, the yogurt poppyseed cake with chocolate drizzle on top. The cake was originally made using white chocolate glaze but I just could not find the right measurement and after few attempts I decided to keep it simple.
Plain Chobani Greek Yogurt adds creamy texture and delicious flavor to this cake. You could also enjoy the coconut flakes, so if you’re a coconut lover, this cake is definitely for you! Now it’s time to get creative in your kitchen! Check out Chobani for a variety of recipes using Greek yogurt and tell me what will you #MadeWithChobani this Fall?
Yogurt Poppy Seed Cake:Print
Greek yogurt in the batter makes this yogurt poppy seed cake incredibly moist, fresh, and flavorful. v
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10.6 oz (2 of 5.3 oz container) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Pinch of salt
- Milk chocolate, microwave for 30 seconds
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter the pan and bottom lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil until it is combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix well.
- Stir in yogurt and combine.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.
- Cool the cake for 5 minutes and unmold.
- Drizzle with milk chocolate on top.
Pan size: 13x9x2-inch
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I created this post in honor of Chobani’s #MadeWithChobani campaign. Thank you for helping support brands that I love!