These wheat germ chocolate chip cookies are filled with oats, wheat germ, and chocolate. Perfect for an easy breakfast on the go or as an afternoon energy-boosting snack. And they taste fantastic!
- 1 cup old fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Mix the oats, flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and coconut flakes in a medium bowl. Whisk until mixed in.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, date syrup, egg, and vanilla, and continue whisking until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients and continue whisking on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Mix well. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper or a Silpat. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough on the baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the edges and top are barely golden.
The dough can be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to a week in a tight container. To enjoy this cookie the next day, microwave it for 30 seconds or until the chocolate melts.