The best part of Thanksgiving? The leftovers! Recycle your leftover turkey and turn them into these perfect little appetizers. I’m sure you’ll want to make these over and over again!
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner! It’s funny how just last week I was venting about Summer weather since it was so hot when we visited LA. The temperature was 85F but it was absolutely perfect for my morning runs. And now, just like that – Fall weather is back! I need my double layers, boots, and a big bowl of soup to slurp on!
Thanksgiving is just days away and for us, and I’m looking forward to celebrating with our big family. For us, Thanksgiving includes 3 days and 2 nights of fun, food, and napping all day. I was joking with my friend the other day…once we hit Thanksgiving, that means we enter sweatpants season, which is so true. There won’t be any breaks for dieting between Thanksgiving through Valentine’s Day!
Even though we have a big family with many people at our feast each year, I’m sure there will be plenty of leftovers when the holiday is over. I’ve been emptying my fridge to make room for all the tasty leftovers… especially for sweet potato marshmallow pie and turkey! I love leftover turkey because it lets me get creative in the kitchen. I made turkey empanadas a couple of years ago this year I will be trying out turkey egg rolls!
Rather than eating your typical leftover turkey sandwich, why not try these egg rolls? The recipe is simple enough for anyone to follow and they taste fabulous! You will forget that you’re having turkey two days in a row, and you can impress your family/friends with a fun new dish!Print
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced turkey
- 1/2 cups carrot, shredded or diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup a.p. flour
- Black pepper
- 15 egg roll wraps
- Oil, to fry
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs a.p. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs mustard
- 1 tbs cranberry sauce
- In a skillet, heat the butter and onion until translucent.
- Add turkey and carrot. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add milk, flour, salt and pepper, and cook until there is no more liquid. Set aside and let it cool.
- Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you. Place about 1 tbs of turkey mixture on egg roll paper and fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of water on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack.
- Cranberry sauce: combine all the ingredients in a small pot and cook under low heat.
I hope you are ready for Thanksgiving and excited to enjoy all your food, including the leftovers! Check out these amazing recipes and see what magic you can do with leftovers.
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Thanksgiving Leftover Eggs Benedict by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- ‘Australian Pie’ – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Bechamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey grilled cheese with cranberry and Brie by Our Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa by Food Done Light
- Turkey Shepard’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puffs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.