Smoky tempeh bacon, crispy butter lettuce, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, and zesty garlic aioli – no wonder TTLA sandwich is a big hit!
I’m kind of mad at myself for not jumping on the bandwagon months ago. I feel like I’ve missed out on so much and everyone has been raving about it! So if your like me and have resisted–please stop resisting and join this life-changing vegan TTLA sandwich revolution at Whole Foods.
I know. Let me blow your mind for a hot second.
WHAT IS A TTLA SANDWICH?
It is basically a vegan twist on the classic BLT sandwich, However instead of bacon, you get delicious tempeh bacon.
This is the layer of TTLA goodness:
- T – Tempeh (Lightlife Organic Fakin’ Bacon is what Whole Foods uses)
- T – Tomato (ripe beefsteak tomato)
- L – Lettuce (butter lettuce is my favorite although regular lettuce works well too)
- A – Avocado (I prefer a Hass avocado for creamier texture)
Plus, the most delicious vegan garlic aioli sauce!
WHAT DOES TEMPEH BACON TASTE LIKE?
Tempeh is an Indonesian dish made by fermented soybeans. When I grew up, I had the pleasure of eating fresh, not refrigerated, tempeh almost daily since it is very easy to find and budget-friendly dish. However it is considered a luxury in the U.S. Unlike tofu, tempeh is minimally processed using whole soybeans and formed into a firm patty or block. In short, tempeh is the best option if you’re looking for meat alternative food.
So Lightlife tempeh bacon is awesome. Period. Imagine the smell of frying bacon but in a healthier way. This is it! If you like crispy bacon, you should try frying it a bit longer than usual or roasting it. I use an airfryer to “fry” my bacon which BTW, I am so in love with my air fryer. So tempeh bacon is a great substitute to make your your #MeatlessMonday extra fancy.
And don’t forget to make it saucy with this vegan garlic aioli. Simply buy a good jar of vegan mayonnaise and combine it with roasted garlic. I didn’t roast mine, instead I get store-bought roasted garlic. Haven’t heard of this “gone viral” post? Check these article out to catch up…
If you make this sandwich, be sure use the hashtags #lightlife and #brunchnbites. I always love to see what you guys are making!
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 2 roasted garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 pack of Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin’ Bacon Strips
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and smashed
- 1 green leaf lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- To make vegan garlic aioli: whisk in mayonnaise, roasted garlic, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a nonstick pan, add the olive oil and cook the Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin’ Bacon Strips until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Slice the ciabatta loaf into 4 pieces and then slice in half; then generously slather the vegan garlic aioli.
- Layer some lettuce, tomato, tempeh bacon, and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the top half of the bread on and serve at once.
I’m using whole wheat bread in this post.
This post is sponsored by Lightlife. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.