Chocolate for breakfast? This chocolate granola recipe is super-easy to make, super crunchy, and soooo chocolateylicious. No wonder it’s the best chocolate granola and it’s gluten-free, too!
- 3.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup coconut flakes/ chips
- 1 cup nuts or seeds (a combination of sunflower, hemp, and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or date syrup)
- 3 tablespoons nut or seed or peanut butter (or tahini)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chip, optional
- Preheat the oven to 285F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients: oats, quinoa, coconut, seeds/ nuts, and flaxseed. Stir to combine.
- Melt oil in a saucepan over low heat. Once completely melted, add in syrup and nut butter. Stir well. Remove from the heat. Stir in cocoa powder and vanilla, then add salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over dry ingredients, and stir until well-mixed.
- Spread mixture on lined cookie sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning sheet halfway through cook time. Do not stir.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and allow granola to cool on the sheet. If using chocolate chips, add when granola is cool and give it a stir. Transfer to an airtight container. Keep for 2 weeks at room temperature.