If you are looking for a comfort soup recipe, this is it. Sun-dried Tomato Tortellini Soup. Garlic and Parmesan cheese make this creamy tomato soup special enough for a celebratory night at home. This creamy tomato tortellini soup is quick, easy to make, and comforting.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 9 ounces fresh or frozen three-cheese tortellini
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and onion’ saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and spinach, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes if using fresh tortellini, or 7 to 8 minutes for frozen.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.