When life gives you instant ramen, turn it into Spicy Ramen Noodle Salad. This 15-minute salad recipe uses very simple ingredients, including soybean oil. Soybean, you said? Yep, soybean oil. You’d be surprised how rich and delicious the end result is.
- 6 oz. (2 packages) ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large spring onion, sliced thinly on a diagonal
- 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, veins removed and finely minced
- 2 cups of mixed cabbage and carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4–1/2 cups roasted, crushed peanuts, for garnish
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soybean oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with salt. Add instant ramen and cook until al dente (just firm to bite). Drain and rinse frame under cold water. Allow to drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over ramen. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss gently. Garnish with more sesame seeds and green onions if desired.