Slow Cooker Beef Tacos – they’re packed with flavor, no messy clean up, and zero effort! Seriously, it doesn’t get easier than that!
You will definitely put this on your favorites list: colorful, saucey, and utterly delicious. It’s finally fall here! (Wait, I spoke too soon. It was fall weather when I cooked this recipe and it went back to summer weather when I wrote this post). But fall really only means one thing in the cooking world: slow-cooked meals!
I love slow-cooked meals. Like this Pho-bulous Beef Pho or this Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup that is insanely flavorful. Can we pause for a moment and drool over these recipes? Well, now it’s time for some tacos. I love taco night or breakfast tacos. It’s one of the best meals for get-together with your family members and is the perfect meal for picky eaters since you can mix and match the fillings to what you like.
Unlike these Korean Pork Tacos that I made a while back, these Korean Beef Tacos are slow-cooked, meaning you just need to dump all the ingredients in one pot, leave it, and forget about it until you are ready to eat it. Whoaaa… that rhymes so well! But really, that’s how easy this dish is. You can’t go wrong with a simple but satisfying dish like this one.
What I like about this taco? You can turn these tacos into so many possible ways:
- Lettuce wraps: using butter lettuce instead of tortilla for low-carbs meal, just like this Thai Lettuce Wraps
- Burrito bowls: adding brown rice or quinoa is always a good option, and add more sauteed vegetables on the side, such as spinach or steam broccoli
- Banh mi or sandwiches: add this on top of bread rolls, add store-bough kimchi, and sriracha sauce.
- Salad: add this beef tacos on a pile of lettuce, and add cucumber slices, carrot, and edamame. So crispy good!
Are you looking to cut down you sugar intake? Replacing half the amount of sugar by adding 1 bosc pear, peeled and cut into chunks.
So are you team pork or beef? Or are you more into grilled meats or slow-cooked dishes? Either way, these tacos are insanely scrumptious and this is a must-try! And if you’re interested in learning more about easy recipes, don’t forget to get a copy of this 5-Ingredient One-Pot Cookbook.Print
- 2 pounds beef roast or rib eye steak
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1-inch ginger, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Corn flour tortillas
- Sesame seeds
- Jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Spring onions, thinly sliced
- Heat a skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Place the beef in a skillet and cook 3 minutes per side.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, tamari sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Once the beef gets tender, shred the beef with forks.
- Serve over warm corn tortillas with the toppings.