This Tuna Salad recipe proves that lemongrass make a satisfying and incredibly flavorful vinaigrette for salad. Perfect for a light lunch or easy weeknight dinner.
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 (5-ounce) tuna steaks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Thinly-sliced cucumber, optional
- Wasabi Lemongrass Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs minced lemongrass
- 2 tbs tamari sauce
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs mirin
- Wasabi, to taste
- To make the vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle tuna with pepper and salt. Place in skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Transfer tuna to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice tuna on an angle and arrange on the salad. Drizzle with vinaigrette.