Puff Pastry Danish. Whatever you call this, this easy tart is sure to impress the guests on any occasions — crispy, buttery, flaky puff pastry tart makes an easy summer dessert.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1.5 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Cut using a circular cookie cutter or sharp knife, about 2.5-inches in diameter. Place each circle gently on a lined baking sheet.
- Score a line with a paring knife to create a crust around each puff pastry circle – about 1/2-inch from the edge.
- Combine raspberries with granulated sugar in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese. lemon juice, 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar, and 1 egg. Spread the ricotta cheese mixture in the center of each puff pastry circle with an offset spatula. Then add 4-5 raspberries on each puff pastry.
- Brush the outer edge of each puff pastry with egg yolk. Sprinkle with the remaining confectioners’ sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.