These cupcakes are the definition of chocolate heaven and it only takes 5 ingredients. This will leave your taste buds begging for more!
I recently had a nice chat about slow cooking with my best friend. She has the same fear that I had. I’ve been telling her how convenient is it to use slow cooker. I wish all meals can be cooked in a pot so we only need to cut the ingredients and just leave them to cook for hours. Would that make our lives easier?
I’m not sure about you, but I always crave for sugar after work. Somehow the images of dark chocolate, cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, or anything sweet start dancing around in my mind when the clock hits 3 pm. Often, but not always.
Unfortunately, it takes a while to melt butter to room temperature. So, there is no way for me to bake sweets that include butter right after work. I tried it once and ended up baking the cake on the next day.
When I first saw this nutella cupcake recipe, I was amazed! No butter! This recipe only use the ingredients you have at home. The result… a fancy cupcake for dinner, or for breakfast the next morning. Now, to make it even fancier, I added a ferrero rocher in-between because little surprises brings extra fun. Don’t you agree?Print
- 2 1/2 cups Nutella, divide into two parts
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line your cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl until they’re broken up.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Nutella to the eggs in the bowl, reserving the remaining 1 cup of Nutella for the frosting. Whisk the Nutella and eggs together until shiny, smooth batter flows from the whisk.
- Add the all-purpose flour to the bowl, and gently stir it in with a spatula.
- Stir just until the last streaks of flour disappear. Don’t stir too much and overwork the batter, or else your cupcakes will be tough!
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each one about 1/3rd full, then add Ferrero Rocher in the middle; then cover the chocolate with batter until 2/3rd full.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 F for about 13-15 minutes, until the tops are dry, puffed, and a little cracked. They should spring back when pressed lightly with your fingertips. Allow them to cool at room temperature on a wire rack while you prepare the easy (two-ingredient!) frosting.
- Frosting: In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of Nutella and the cream cheese.
- Beat them together on medium speed with the paddle attachment until your frosting is light and fluffy.
- Top the cooled cupcakes with a swirl of frosting.
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes with Chorizo from La Cocina de Leslie
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fruited Jasmine Rice from It’s Yummi
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Italian Cheese Panini from La Bella Vita
- Drunken Chicken and Potatoes from Webicurean
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Lemon Chicken and Potatoes from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from Dinner Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foil Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Adopted from Ohnuts.com