Happy 2015 guys! I hope you had a warm & wonderful new year holiday. We had a super low holiday week full of house repair, office work, time at home, tons of good food, and enjoying the simple things. And oh, did you hear the news about Air Asia QZ8501? I was born in Indonesia and Surabaya was my dad’s hometown. I’ve been to Surabaya visiting close relatives that still live there and reading this news gave me a shock.
A friend of mine lost his high school friend on this flight and he was traveling with his whole family (wife and 2 kids), another is still waiting to hear good news about his missing cousin. Almost everyone at work talked about this because this is such a sad story to end the year. So many unsolved mysteries, so many questions, and yet no one has the answer. In moment like this, it reminds me to be thankful to have my family and close friends around.
Today’s theme is about a lighter year by T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley. I love entering the new year with something light and easy. Have I told you I’m in love with truffle salt? For me, anything with truffle salt sounds super delicious. Well okay, I might be exaggerating things a tiny bit, but truffle salt really does magic to this Norwegian Egg Benedict. If you have ten minutes to spare, this would be one of the fanciest breakfast meal.Print
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices brioche, toasted and buttered
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 large smoked salmon slices
- Truffle salt, to taste
- Bring water to just under boiling in a large pot. Add vinegar.
- Crack eggs, one at a time, into water; simmer approx. 2 minutes or until the egg whites turn all white. Remove from water; place on paper towels to dry.
- Place spinach, salmon and egg on each slice of toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve while egg is hot.
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Berries Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus DeTox Spa Water from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Blissful Breakfast Items
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
Savory Soups and Sides
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Light Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- Greek Style Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce from Nik Snacks
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi’s Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Easy Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.