Super fun matcha shakes cookie cups – the perfect kid-friendly recipe! And for adults, too!I know you are currently busy with Thanksgiving prep so I’ll be quick. I had fun making these cookie cups the other day. It’s one of my bucket list this year, to make these cookie cups for Santa.
When I was little, a group of friends told me that we had to prepare cookies for Santa on December 5th in exchange for the presents. So every year, I waited anxiously for December 5th and determined to give cookie to Santa, but in early December, looking at the delicious cookies, I normally would forget the resolution and would finish all cookies on behalf of Santa instead.
I guess it’s a wish comes true when Nordic Ware introduced me to this cookie cups pan. Isn’t it fun to have cookies and milk at the same time? This pan is one of their Platinum collection that comes in heavy cast aluminum bakeware to support baking performance. I use Nordic Ware pans a lot, especially when baking bundt cake. Mainly because their nonstick surface makes releasing and cleaning up quick and easy, and the same applies to this one.Print
Matcha shakes cookie cups, a green tea heaven.
- Cookie Cups:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups a.p. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp green tea powder
- Matcha Shakes:
- 2 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp green tea powder
- Whipped cream and sprinkles, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, green tea powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat to incorporate.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture, mixing until just barely combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray inside the molds with bakers spray.Push dough down into cavities about 2/3 full, just covering the inside cone. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden edges appear.
- Cool cookies in a pan for 5-10 minutes until firm.
- Flip over and tap pan to release cookies.
- Matcha Shakes: combine all ingredients together and fill one cup at a time.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.