If you only have 5 minutes to spare, then this matcha overnight oats is going to be your favorite breakfast. So simple to make and delicious to eat!
Overstuffed! That’s how I probably describe my situation right now.
We had a girls day out yesterday, which happens quarterly, and yesterday was one of the craziest in terms of food. I mean look at this …
and this fed an army of 15 people! So to reduce my guilt, I made overnight oats for breakfast today. I love a good and healthy breakfast like this. There are 2 reasons why I made this recipe. First because it’s St. Patrick’s Day and second because Spring is here and I need more colors. So …
Matcha Overnight Oats! … with some pistachio crunch and toasted coconut flakes, because shouldn’t every oatmeal bowl be this damn good? The best part about overnight oats is you can add your favorite toppings.
My favorite part is adding caramelized banana with a touch of brown sugar, coconut oil, and real maple syrup. I’m going bananas just thinking about it. You can do your caramelization in the oven (kind of roasting) or in a saucepan to give you a nice glaze. The thing with caramelized bananas is that they will make your oats sweeter, so you need to adjust the amount of sugar you add. Otherwise they are going to be too sweet! When you add them though, they make your oatmeal look a whole lot more classy tasting. You are never going to want to eat a boring bowl of overnight oats again.Print
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp matcha/green tea powder
- 3 tbs vanilla greek yogurt
- Optional toppings:
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Fresh fruit
- Slivered almonds
- Combine all of your ingredients, except toppings, in an 8oz jar. Stir well, close it tightly, and allow to thicken overnight in the fridge.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Check out for others are making for St. Patrick’s Day:
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
- Creamy Pistachio Frozen Yogurt by My Sweet Zepol
- Matcha Mint Coconut Candy by My Life Cookbook
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Super Lime Bars by What Smells So Good?
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Must Make Main Dishes
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.