Lemon Honey Bundt Cake
Asian dishes seldom make use of lemon. It’s often used as garnishes or in drinks, but not as a main player. However, in most part of Asia, lime or kaffir lime – both leaves and fruits – are used a lot in cooking. So it comes as no surprise if I don’t fall in love with lemon. I never thought of cooking something with lemon, not even lemonade.
When I first moved to San Fransisco, I noticed a lot of bakeries use lemon as their main ingredients. It’s like a lemon celebration – from lemon bars, lemon cookies, lemon pies, lemon everything. Initially, I couldn’t understand what all the fuss about and would say to myself, “Lemon whatever. I’m just not that into you.”
However, one day my ex-boss told me that her sister loves lemons so much. After hearing his story, I became curious. So I picked some up at the closest bakery and was determined to give it a try. One bite of lemon bar turned into two bites, and then I suddenly realized how much I enjoyed eating the lemon bar. I know it was kinda late to fall in love with lemons, but I can proudly say that lemons and I are now BFF, forever and ever. The End.
And this cake… let’s just say I made this cake as a token of my love for lemons. The ingredients are simple and you can find most of the ingredients in your pantry, and lemons… they’re the main player in this dish, so be sure to use good fresh lemons for this bundt cake.
Lemon Honey Bundt CakePrint
- 13/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 100 gr melted butter
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- Lemon curd:
- 2 eggs
- 3 yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the honey, milk, melted butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the batter to mini bundt cake pan and bake for 25 minutes. For best result, lightly grease the bundt pan with butter.
- For lemon curd: In a small pot, combine eggs, yolks, sugar, and lemon juice. Whisk until thickened for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cream cheese and mix well. Let is cool and drizzle on top of bundt cake.
Thanks to Anne from From My Sweetheart for hosting this month…I mean look at these delicious lemony cakes:
- Bee’s Knees Lemon Honey Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Bundt from Cali’s Cuisine
- Bundt Cake de Limón from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Eggless Lemon Bundt Cake from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Extra Lemon Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Lavender Lemon Cake from Magnolia Days
- Lemon & Lime Cheese Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Lemon Apple Upside Down Bundt Cake from SimplyVeggies
- Lemon Basil Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Lemon Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Lemon Marble Bundt Cake from Jenny and Sweets
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Tart Lemon Glaze from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Confetti Bundt Cake from Our Good Life
- Lemon Curd Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Lemon Honey Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Meringue Chiffon Cake from Baking in Pyjamas
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Aisha
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake.
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Lemon Ricotta and Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Lemon-Cranberry Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Luscious Lemon Bundt Cake from The Freshman Cook
- Mini Limoncello Bundts from Living the Gourmet
- Pink Lemon Pound Cake from Making Miracles
- Pink Lemonade Bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Pound Cake Bundt with Lemon Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Soft Lemon Rosemary Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Spring Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Adventures in All Things Food
- Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Sweet Lemon Bundt with Blackberry Glaze from From My Sweet Heart
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board right here.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.