A lemony-flavored loaf cake is a wonderful way to start your morning! Sounds awesome, isn’t it? Perfect with tea or coffee.
- 12 tbs (11/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. 70% dark chocolate
- Fruits: organic black grapes, kiwi berries, raspberry, pomegranate, and cranberries
- Heat oven to 350F. Butter and line the base of a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add in the flour and almonds until you have a thick batter. If it’s too thick mix in a splash of milk.
- Transfer the batter into the tin and smooth over the top. Bake for 55 mins – 1hr until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven then leave to cool for 15 mins then remove from the tin, peel away the paper and leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate ganache: heat the heavy cream in a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour over chocolate and let stand until chocolate has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and drizzle over loaf cake. Garnish with fruits.