A Lemon Almond Loaf Cake is a wonderful way to start your morning! Sounds awesome, isn’t it? Perfect with tea or coffee.I’m super excited today because I’m going to BlogHer Food in Chicago. I’ve been waiting for this day since earlier this year and it’s finally here! I hope you can tell how excited I am and I’ll be sure to snap some great moments, so follow me along on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
But first, let’s talk about this cake. Have you heard about kiwi berries? These little cuties are one of the most exciting new fruits that enter the produce market in recent years. When I saw them at the PMA Fresh Summit, I was so surprised to see how tiny they are. About the size of a grape, kiwi berries are the miniature of kiwi with a smooth, edible skin.
Speaking of kiwi, do you know how to cut kiwi properly? I did not know how, until I watch this video. I’m glad these kiwi berries are not just cute, but they are great as snacks because you can pop them straight into your mouth. No peeling required and you can eat the fuzz-free exterior.
And today I’m sharing a Lemon Almond Loaf Cake. It’s officially Fall now, especially when it gets dark at 5.30pm but I still crave for a lemon cake and thought of combining lemon with Fall fruits so I can enjoy more of these kiwi berries. And of course, chocolate is a must! So here it is… A Lemon Almond Loaf Cake. And oh, kiwi berries are also great in fruit salads! They are packed with flavor… but they’re only available for a short season, so grab them while you can!
Please click here to learn more about kiwi berries and HBF International. HBF International is leading the way in food safety for berry growers across the country and around the world.Print
A lemony-flavored loaf cake is a wonderful way to start your morning! Sounds awesome, isn’t it? Perfect with tea or coffee.
- 12 tbs (11/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. 70% dark chocolate
- Fruits: organic black grapes, kiwi berries, raspberry, pomegranate, and cranberries
- Heat oven to 350F. Butter and line the base of a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add in the flour and almonds until you have a thick batter. If it’s too thick mix in a splash of milk.
- Transfer the batter into the tin and smooth over the top. Bake for 55 mins – 1hr until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven then leave to cool for 15 mins then remove from the tin, peel away the paper and leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate ganache: heat the heavy cream in a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour over chocolate and let stand until chocolate has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and drizzle over loaf cake. Garnish with fruits.