Juicy, sweet and spicy Korean pork tacos topped with fresh kimchi and the most finger licking good sauce all on a tortilla. Make the best tacos of your life!
IN A HURRY? CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW MY BOARDS FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS.
We never owned a BBQ grill before but finally decided to buy a Traeger BBQ Grill for our new house. Dinner was supposed to start at 6 pm, and I thought that we would have enough time if we start grilling at 4 pm. Little did we know that we had to preheat the grill for an hour before we could use it. So, there we were… with our meats, doing nothing but waiting for the grill to start heating up. Finally, we were able to start cooking at 5.15pm, but voila, the grill worked perfectly! And luckily, the butcher was able to thinly sliced the pork so it didn’t take us too long to cook it.
I’ve also made homemade kimchi using the recipe from Maangchi. Kimchi is easy to make but very time consuming. Nevertheless, I’m super happy with the result. The kimchi also works well with this spicy pork as a perfect way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
IN A HURRY? CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW MY BOARDS FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS.Print
Juicy, sweet and spicy Korean pork tacos topped with fresh kimchi and the most finger licking good gochujang sauce all on a tortilla. Make the best tacos of your life!
- 1-pack your favorite tortilla
- Kimchi (I used a recipe from Maangchi)
- Toasted sesame seeds
Grilled Pork Belly
- 2lb pork belly, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-inch ginger
Pork belly sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a bag, marinate the pork belly with water, salt, sugar, and 1-inch ginger for 24 hours.
- Mix the sauce and set aside.
- When ready, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Brush the pork belly with sauce and place pork on the grill. Cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
- Serve pork belly over taco, top with kimchi and toasted sesame seeds.
For crunchiness, add cucumber pickles on top.
I’ll be going to la-la-land and I’d be so happy if I can get internet connection during my trip, so I apologize if I’ve been a little quiet on here and not responding quicker. But be sure to follow me here, here, or here so I can share my local adventures with you all!