Make the most of those last Summer peaches with this Grilled Peach Halloumi Salad. The PERFECT Summer salad for any time of day!
First question of the day… are you an impromptu person or do you plan ahead of time? I like to plan my ahead of time, especially when going on a vacation. But today, the opposite happened… I just signed up for an ifbc event this weekend. No time for planning ahead. At first, I was hesitant to go because there are still lots of things on my to-do list. But at the end, I decided to go, because ifbc is really fun. It will be my second ifbc conference and in case you have no clue, ifbc stands for International Food Blogger Conference. Normally, they have it in Seattle (from 2013 to 2015), but this year, they decided to have it in Sacramento. No excuse for me, as it will only be 1.5 hours drive there. Stay tuned because I will come back with tons of delicious stories to share.
Anyhow, both the hubs and I are in peach madness. Each time I go to a farmers market, I always come back with a bag of peach. It’s one of the magical things about Summer and I figured there are three ways to enjoy peach…
- Eat it directly as a fruit
- Turn it into a sorbet
- Add them to haloumi salad and call it ‘the best Summer salad’
This has been my go-to salad on weekdays… and some weekends. I’ve been using my basic salad dressing recipe that goes well with this salad. Overall, this salad is super easy to make and tastes super yummy. And oh, I’m in love with halloumi cheese. I think I can eat it every day. I’ve never thought we can grill cheese until Julie of the Little Kitchen shared it few years ago. Since then, I am madly in love with this cheese. One sniff and I’m transported to a Summer paradise. So what is your favorite Summer salad?Print
- 3 to 4 yellow peaches, firm and ripe
- 1 box (12 oz.) halloumi cheese
- Spring mix salad
- Salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the cooking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the seeds. Cut up the peaches into 1/2-inch slices and grill for about 1 min per side.
- Take the halloumi and slice it up into rectangles using a sharp knife. Grill the cheese for about 2 mins per side.
- Arrange the salad, peaches, Summer fruits, and halloumi cheese on a plate. Drizzle the salad dressing on top and around the salad.