Thanks to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post.!
If you are looking for a meal that is scrumptiously good while still being healthy and simple to make, this grilled chicken with cucumber-tomato salsa is a winner.
I don’t even know where to start. Things have been moving so rapidly these past few months. The new logo is here, my new site is being designed, and best of all – my cookbook is in production! Exciting stuff! With all of these in the works, I have needed to double the amount of comfort food I cook. *LIFE*
So one Thursday while doing grocery shopping, I spotted Foster Farms chicken with the DORI™ label on it, which looked interesting. And it had a QR code too.
So being a curious mind, I scanned it and, to my surprise, DORI™ came back showing me only good stuff. And it turns out that DORI™ stands for Deals – Origin – Recipes – Info. I thought it was perfect and just what I needed, plus it includes hundreds of recipes, exclusive access to coupons and more. So, here I am with succulent grilled chicken with cucumber-tomato salsa – fresh and delicious. Adapted from Foster Farms DORI™ Grilled Chicken with Cucumber-Radish Salsa recipe.
Ever since I started to eat healthier and while I have been working on my cookbook, I’ve been trying to incorporate more reliable fresh foods. And I have allowed myself to be picky about the ingredients that I use. Like this chicken, for example. Do you know this is simply raised chicken? Which means it has no antibiotics, no added hormones, no steroids, and is 100% vegetarian fed? Knowing that, I have more confidence in what I eat.
Spoiler Alert: I learned all about this from the new DORI™ QR code and later found out that Foster Farms is one of the first fresh poultry/meat companies with an on-pack QR code. I really encourage you to meet DORI™ and experience the fun – from savings and fresh recipes on the go, to product information and simplified labeling terms. Click here if you want to learn more about Foster Farms Chicken (with the DORI™ label).
When it comes to cooking, I always encourage people to use fresh ingredients for the best result. This grilled chicken with cucumber-tomato salsa is the result of these fresh ingredients. When I use Foster Farms Chicken, I know for sure their quality is 100% natural. And when combined with fresh ingredients, the result is a healthy, yummy dinner within 30 minutes.
On busy weeknights, it is so important to have meals that you know can be prepared in a few minutes and whipped up quickly, but do not compromise on flavor, health, or freshness. This grilled chicken and cucumber-tomato salsa is mouth-wateringly fresh, super juicy, filling, and makes you feel good.
Looking for more grilling recipes? Check out these tasty recipes for your weeknight dinner ideas.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 4 Foster Farms Thin-sliced Chicken Breast Fillets, trimmed
- ½ cup finely diced seeded English cucumber
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or radish)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine 1 tbs oil, coriander, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush on both sides of chicken.
- Grill the chicken, turning once until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165F, 8 to 10 minutes total. Alternatively, cook the chicken in a grill pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumber, tomatoes, mint, and vinegar in a medium bowl with the remaining 1 tbs oil and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.