- 500 gr boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into 2 x 3 cm
- 20 chicken skewers
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 5 candlenuts
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbs cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 block chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- In a blender, combine the shallot, garlic, and candlenut and blend until smooth.
- Stir fry the garlic mixture with cooking oil until fragrant. Add the peanut butter, brown sugar, water, salt, chicken bouillon cubed, kaffir lime leaves and cook under low heat for 2 minutes. Add the sweet soy sauce.
- Cook until a thick mixture forms. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a plate, combine 3 tbsp. cooked peanut sauce, 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce and freshly squeezed lime.
- Thread 4-5 pieces of chicken pieces into each skewer.
- Set aside for 15 minutes and grill until done.
- To serve: Add the rest of peanut sauce on top of chicken skewers and 1 tbs sweet soy sauce. Add shallots and chopped chilies on top or on the side.