Last year, I have committed to do a 5k run and it’s been one of my favorite exercise goals. 5k sounds like a baby steps, but coming from not-a-runner kind of person, 5k means a lot. The commitment to partake the challenge and all the daily exercise I did in preparation for the event have changed my perspective of a runner and how I vision my goals.
I have decided to embark the 5k run again this year and on top of that, I’m committed to run #mileaday. The goal is to run just one mile per day, which usually takes about ten minutes. I’m looking forward to making it work and start 2015 with an active habit.
Today’s #MeatlessMonday feels special because last Saturday was my first 5k run of 2015 and I can’t wait for the next one. Quite proud of myself because my sister and I were able to finish faster than before, as we went up and down the hill. To reward myself, I made this ginger fried rice. Something simple and yet bring lots of comfort on a plate.Print
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Stirring occasionally for 30 seconds.
- Pour in beaten eggs and scramble slightly
- Add the rice, stirring to separate the individual grains. Do not let the rice brown.
- Add the tamari sauce (and adjust your seasonings).
- Continue frying for several minutes till rice is aromatic.
- Add green scallions, mix well and serve.