Funfetti French Toast
It seems like only yesterday I went traveling to Indonesia but how can it be mid-August already? I still have lots of traveling plan and Summer fun activities to do. I don’t think I’m ready to start Fall this early.
I used to have that thoughts back in school and thought I would stop reasoning when I started working. Turned out, that idea never dies. As some of you know, we just came back from another cruising trip and before long – 24 hours to be exact – I managed to convince my husband to go on another trip. He was so excited about the plan that he immediately book a flight to Europe the following week. I was like, errr… really? I guess we both enjoy Summer so much and never plan to go back to work.
Anyhow, my mom and the kids had a small talk as my nephew is going back to school next week. We brought back all the good silly memories about school. Back in the days, we didn’t use binders but real books for each subject. We started buying new books immediately after the results were out and we found out that we passed to the next level. My mom, then, would cover the books with plastic covers, made sure all the books were set and ready before school begins. She also made sure we had enough stationery set in our bag and got our uniforms cleaned and ironed. Those were basically her ‘summer activities’. Phewww… glad those days are over now.
This week Sunday Supper is about back to school and it reminds me of those colorful days hanging out with friends after school and not worry a bit about bills. And it’s a good excuse to have this funfetti french toast because we all deserve a fun cheerful breakfast, right?
Funfetti French Toast:Print
- 8 thick slices of 2-day-old bread (better if slightly stale) or Texas toast
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups froot loops cereal
- Maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Put the crushed cornflakes in another shallow dish.
- Melt some butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place each slice of bread into the milk egg mixture, allowing the bread to soak in some of it (remove before the bread is soggy). Let the excess egg mixture drip off, then dredge the bread in froot loops, pressing gently and set aside on a plate.
- Shake off the excess, and place the bread slices onto the hot skillet.
- Fry the French toast, then flip and brown the other side. Be careful not to burn the french toast.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
Getting Started On School Days
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Caramel Apple Granola by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cinnamon Chocolate Overnight Oats by Whole Food | Real Families
- Funfetti French Toast by Brunch with Joy
- PB&J Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Ideas for the Lunchbox
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich by Cooking Chat
- Healthy Lunchbox Snack Mix by Noshing with the Nolands
- Mini Pepperoni Calzones by The Redhead Baker
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
After School Snacks and Beverages
- Back to School Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Fruit ‘n Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Quinoa, Oat and Pecan Blueberry-Peach Crumb Bars by Simply Healthy Family
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits by An Appealing Plan
- Mother’s Ruin Punch by Food Lust People Love
- “Nut Butter” Rice Crispy Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Parmesan Crisps Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Monkey Bread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Apple Nachos by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Pizzas by Our Good Life
School Night Suppers
- Beef Peppers and Onions Burritos by Family Foodie
- One Pot Bacon-Cheeseburger Pasta by A Gouda Life
- Oven Fried Portabello Mushroom Fries by Food Done Light
- Peanut Chicken Cutlets by Magnolia Days
- Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Cream Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Turmeric Chicken and Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Sweets to End the Day
- Gluten-Free Almond Joy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker
- M&M Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Oreo Rice Krispy Treats by The Crumby Cupcake
- Paleo Cherry Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Plum Crumble Bars by Feeding Big
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.