- 1 lb chuck roast
- 1 can (14.5oz) beef broth
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbs light soy sauce
- 6–8 crusty rolls
- 6–8 slices swiss or provolone cheese
- Heat olive oil in your slow cooker. While the oil is heating, generously season all sides of the chuck roast with freshly ground pepper.
- When the oil starts to shimmer, add onion and let it cook for 5-10 minutes. Carefully place the roast and the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Transfer the beef to a plate and shred with a fork.
- Reserve 3 cups of the juice from the slow cooker and add to a small sauce pan. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a hard simmer and let it cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Using butter knife, spread butter outside of roll to create crispy top and bottom.
- Flip the roll on the other side and spread horseradish, top it with cheese. Add a pile of shredded beef. Place other slice of bread over the top, with the buttered side on top. Grill Panini sandwich with the lid close for about 5 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve immediately with the sauce on the side for dipping.