- 6 medium (8-inch diameter) flour tortillas
- 3 russet potatoes (medium size), wash and peel, then cut into small cubes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbs milk
- 2 tbs butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cajun sausaged into strips or squares, optional
- 1–2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium tomato, diced
- Hot sauce to serve
- Fried potatoes: in a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Stir until the potatoes are well coated. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add oil and potatoes mixture to the pan. Cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add cajun sausage to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes until they are lightly browned.
- Add the mushroom to the pan and sautee until golden, for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Season lightly with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Scrambled eggs: in a medium size bowl, add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk together. Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add the butter. Add the eggs once the butter has melted. Stir the eggs with a spatula until the eggs are just cooked (3 min) don’t overcook. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To assemble: spoon potatoes, mushroom, and sausage in the center of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with scrambled eggs, diced tomato, and a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Don’t over-stuff or they will be tough to roll.
- Roll the burrito from top to bottom, folding the edges in tightly. Repeat with the rest of burritos.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, transfer burritos to the skillet, folded-side-down and cook without turning until bottom is golden brown. Cook all sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
If freezing, do not add tomato on the inside. Wrap each burrito in aluminum foil then place multiple burritos in a freezer safe ziploc bag.