Calling all my coffee and chocolate lovers: these cookies are for you. The addition of espresso sets these cookies apart from others and makes a sweet way to to get your caffeine!
You guys…I hope you’re done with your shopping! Our weekends have been filled with shopping and holiday festivities lately and it has been great catching up with old friends. I always love this time of the year because it seems like everyone is just so much nicer and friendlier. I’m sure you can agree with me too. In addition to the holiday cheer, our kitchen space in the office is always filled with so many goodies, mostly chocolates. (Yum!)
You know what else Christmas is all about? Cookies! Since Santa will be coming soon, I’m sharing this Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with you today! I am sure it’s never too late for another cookie recipe, right? And don’t tell mom, but I’ve been eating cookies for breakfast.Print
- 1 cup (16 tbs) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbs fresh ground coffee
- 2 cups a.p. flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chunk
- Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl using a mixer.
- Add coffee and egg, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well and do not over beat.
- Add chocolate chunk and combine the dough using a spatula.
- Chill this dough for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using ice cream scoop, scoop the dough on baking sheet pan spacing 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden. Allow cookies to cool completely before you take a bite. Serve warm or microwave it for 30 seconds for ooey gooey melty chocolate chunks.
This will be my last post in 2016 because I still have lots of shopping to do and goodies to send. Speaking of goodies, I have lots of giveaways to share! Christmas is all about sharing and giving; and I always think of you, my readers. So when Godiva asked me to share this chocolate, I couldn’t think of anyone else better to share it with besides you guys. I’m so thankful for each and every one of you! So make sure you enter today for a chance to win a box of Godiva chocolates.
And if you are still debating what to give this holidays season, check out this wood watch from Jord. The hubs and I love how cool they are and they even have a section for men and women. Check out how unique the wood selection they use, how modern and sophisticated design they have. it’s so classy and it is perfect for the Season for Looking Good.
Watch Gift Ideas
Be sure to enter the giveaway below and one ultimate winner will receive $100 off a watch (and chocolates) and all others who enter will receive $25 off.
…and another giveaway, a bunch of friends and I are teaming up for the Light Up the Night $1250 cash giveaway! This is a group giveaway starts on 12/15 and ends on 1/25. 3 (Three) lucky readers will win $400 USD through PayPal or Amazon gift card and we will also choose a 4th winner of $50! Be sure to enter below and win the giveaway!