Easy miso butter salmon – a perfect recipe when you only have 15 minutes to prep your meal. A quick midweek meal with minimal fuss and maximum umami flavor.
Miso and butter always make a good combo, like this miso butter toast. If you’re new to miso, I also shared different types of miso – white, yellow, and red.
When I first learned about working from home in this kind of situation, I thought things will be easy…or easier. I had picture extra time to sleep, to make a proper breakfast, and so on. Turned out, I did not have any of that and things are a bit chaotic in the first few weeks.
I have to adjust lunchtime daily since the hubs also has endless meetings during the day. So, I always cook for something quick, easy, but filling and nourishing, just like this Miso Butter Salmon.
What are the main ingredients for miso butter salmon?
Easy peasy. You need miso and butter, which you can make ahead a night or even a week before. And salmon or your favorite protein.
What other main ingredients can I pair with miso butter?
Lots of things…from chicken, beef, or even scrambled eggs. Like chili sauce, I always have miso butter ready in the fridge.
Where can I buy miso paste?
Most Asian grocery stores sell miso paste although you may find it called soybean paste. It is usually located in the refrigerator section or in plastic tubs near the refrigerated tofu.Print
– a perfect recipe when you only have 15 minutes to prep your meal. A quick midweek meal with minimal fuss and maximum umami flavor.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons red miso paste
- Pinch of salt
- 2 (5-ounce each) skin-on salmon fillet
- Combine butter and miso paste together until they are completely blended. Set aside.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the fish with salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of miso butter on a medium-hot pan. Add the fish, skin side up. Loosely cover the pan with foil ad cook for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip the fish and cook until cooked through. Add more butter if the pan is too dry.