This Easy Ground Beef Bulgogi Recipe is the true definition of comfort in a bowl and will quickly find its way into your regular meal rotation. Add your favorite veggies on the side and a fried egg on top of a bed of rice for quick and easy bulgogi bowl. In short, this meal is your new BFF.
- 1 pound Laura’s Lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small (about 1 cup) onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red pepper paste), or more
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and gochujang sauce.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the meat, onion, and garlic, breaking it into crumbles until no longer pink.
- Add the sauce and let simmer until the liquid has reabsorbed, about 2-3 minutes. Add green onions and sesame seeds; and toss together.
- Serve over warm rice, fried egg, and serve.