These Double Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins are a great way to enjoy pumpkin spice season. The muffins are super easy to make and are ready in 30 minutes. Deliciously moist, chocolatey, and downright decadent which make this recipe the best chocolate pumpkin muffins.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lightly-packed brown sugar
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a muffin pan with paper muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together eggs and both sugar. Add oil, pumpkin puree, and water, Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour half od the batter into a small bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips in 30 seconds intervals. Add cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture, then pour into the batter in a small bowl. Mix.
- Fold the chocolate pumpkin batter into the rest of the batter and make a marble effect (do not mix).
- Scoop batter into each muffin pan, filling about 3/4 of the way. Use the remaining chocolate chips to top off each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean once inserted in the center. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.