Today is the day where we get together with my side of the family. We did not plan anything fancy as it falls on a weekday but Mom has been telling me about all the delicious meals she prepared for us. As for me, I’ll show up with these eggrolls tonight.
Well, bundt cake is back. I’ve been keeping this secret for a long time and I’m glad I can finally let it out. This dark chocolate bundt cake is da bomb! I made this a while ago when I had huge cravings for chocolates (I take that back because there’s no day that I don’t crave for chocolates).
This bundt cake puts a big smile on my face. It stays so moist even for this the next day. Its rich chocolatey texture along with the pomegranate syrup adds extra crunchiness and sweetness. It also enhances the presentation. And big thanks to Tanya Gal of DessertStalking Blog for hosting this month. Be sure to check their site for some awesomelicious sweets recipes.
- Bundt Cake:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup liquid coffee
- 1 cup milk
- Pomegranate Syrup:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbs water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Generously greased and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Scrape the chocolate into a medium bowl and let cool slightly.
- Whisk in the oil and sugar until smooth, then whisk in the egg.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, followed by 1/2 of the coffee and 1/2 of the milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Let the cake cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn it out and let cool completely.
- Pour the pomegranate syrup the cooled cake.
- Pomegranate syrup: In a small saucepan, add the brown sugar and water over high heat and keep swirling. When it begins to caramelize, lower the heat and let the syrup thicken for 5 minutes before you add the pomegranate seeds.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are February’s Chocolate themed Bundt Bakers:
- Apricot Almond Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache by Cassandra at Cassie’s Kitchen
- Blackforest Bundt Cake by Anshie at SpiceRoots
- Chocolate and Almonds Bundt Cake by Kate at Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate and Lavender Bundt Cake by Aisha at La Cocina de Aisha
- Chocolate and Rose Bundt cake with Spiced Rose Ganache by Lara at Tartacadabra
- Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Beatriz & Mara at I love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bundt Cake by Julie at Eat, Drink, and Be Mighty
- Chocolate Crumb Bundt Cake by Catherine at Living the Gourmet
- Chocolate Custard Floating Island Bundt Cake by Jelena at A Kingdom For a Cake
- Chocolate Honeycomb Bundt by Sue at Just Sew Sue
- Chocolate Irish Cream Bundt by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Chocolate Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Strawberry Pound Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cider White Chocolate Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Glaze by Patricia at Patty’s Cake
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bundt Cake by Linda at Brunch with Joy
- Devil’s Food Chocolate Bundt Cake by Tanya at DessertStalking Blog
- Double Chocolate Sour Bundt Cake by Carola at En La Cocina de Caro
- False Chocolate Bundt Cake by Anna at Media Ración Doble, Por Favor
- Guava and Chocolate Bundt by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- How the Grinch Stole Valentine’s Day by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Kickin Chocolate Bundt Cake by Kaylin at Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Lemon Glazed Cream Cheese White Chocolate Mini Bundts by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Mars Bar Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Marshmallows Chocolate Bundt Cake by Shilpi at SimplyVeggies
- Quadruple Chocolate Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Red Velvet Bundt with White Chocolate Roses by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Sacher Bundt Cake by Esti at Mummy & Cute
- Spicy Chocolate Mini Bundt Cake by Rocio at Kids&Chic
- Triple Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Tunnel of Fudge Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- White Chocolate and Passionfruit Bundt Cake by Victoria at Just One Bite Baking
- White Chocolate & Raspberries Bundt Cake by Samantha at Un Mordisco Un Pecado