Have you done your candy-shopping yet? This will be our first Halloween in this neighborhood and even before we moved to this place, we’ve seen kids running around in the area, so I expect there will be lots and lots of kids tomorrow.
Speaking of sweets, I made this dark chocolate cupcakes in a fun way. They are meant to be sweet treats for adults and they come with baileys frosting. I’m sharing a new dark chocolate cupcake recipe which I’m totally in love with. It was so easy to make and will produce no (or at least less) mess in the kitchen. The best part of the recipe is you don’t need to wait for your butter to reach room temperature because you will melt it anyway. How cool is that!
And of course, Baileys frosting is a fun way to enjoy your cupcakes. It simply blends with dark chocolate cupcakes and will definitely made you crave for more than just one bite.Print
- 11/2 stick (12 tbs) butter
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup 60% bittersweet chocolate chip
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11/4 cup ap flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Baileys Frosting:
- 4 tbs butter, room temperature
- 31/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbs Baileys
- 8 tbs milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Set the pan aside.
- In a small pot, combine butter, vanilla, chocolate chip, and cocoa over low heat.
- When the chocolate has melted, combine with flour, sugar, and baking powder. Mix well and add egg, mix well until egg is incorporated into the mixture.
- Fill each baking cup 2/3 full with the batter. This will give the cupcakes enough room to expand.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes. After 15 minutes, start inserting a toothpick into the cupcakes. Once it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done and should be taken out of the oven. Check back every 2 minutes until they’re ready.
- Make the frosting. You can do this while the cupcakes are cooking. To make the frosting, just combine all the ingredients (use 2 cups of sugar in the beginning). Beat the mixture with a paddle until it’s smooth and gradually add the rest of sugar until it’s rich and creamy.
- Cool the cupcakes for at least 3-5 minutes so they don’t melt the frosting.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the frosting and cotton candy.