Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates. What could be more luscious than almond stuffed into dates? Only one thing; dates & almond dipped in dark chocolate! This easy recipe creates one of a kind treat that will appeal to just about anyone!
Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates. Say it five times. Faster.
There is something about dates that makes me think about decadence. They are so tasty on their own and have a range of health benefits. They are high in protein and many essential nutrients. Dates have antioxidant properties and are packed with fiber too. As the old saying goes, great things come in small packages! But, asides from all of the great things dates have to offer nutritionally, they are completely delicious!
This recipe takes something as simple and tasty as a date and brings the dried fruit to a whole new level. Stuffing an almond (or two if date size is big) inside is easy. The crunch of the nut compliments the fruit beautifully. While I used almonds in this recipe, you could use hazelnuts, pecans, or the always amazing macadamia nut if you prefer. This combination would make for a great snack for anyone, but kids aren’t going to jump at this snack without a little pizzazz. Dipping these in chocolate is the obvious solution. Who could resist?
Dates and almonds dipped in chocolate make for a sweet treat you won’t feel guilty about indulging in. With so many vitamins, minerals and fiber, they definitely qualify as a healthy snack. The chocolate dip makes the recipe qualify as a dessert in my book, that I have no qualms over eating.
Serve these at a party and wow your guests, or make them for a healthy at home treat that you don’t have to share unless you want to.
Reader favorites include:Print
Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates. What could be more luscious than almond stuffed into dates? Only one thing; dates & almond dipped in dark chocolate! This easy recipe creates one of a kind treat that will appeal to just about anyone.
- 25–30 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 8 oz dark chocolate (70-90%)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, optional
- Using a small paring knife, slice 1/4″–1/8″ down lengthwise into the date. You should hit the pit. Pull open the date and remove the pit. Insert 1-2 almonds in every date. Close it back.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan on a stove top or in a microwave.
- Dip each of the dates into melted chocolate until completely covered. Place on the parchment paper until dry.
- Store inside an airtight container in the fridge.