This creamy pear and mascarpone pasta get its kick from pear tossed in mascarpone cheese and crispy prosciutto. Ready on the table in 15 minutes and it’s perfect for a quick weeknight recipe.
- 9-ounce fresh pasta
- 1/2 small Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 4 counces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes less than package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and chopped prosciutto. Cook, stirring constantly until crisp and golden brown, mabout 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the prosciutto to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add unsalted butter to the same skillet. Add pear, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring often, about 1 minute. Transfer the pasta to the skillet. Add the mascarpone cheese. Toss until the mascarpone has warmed and coated the pasta, adding splashes of pasta water as needed to help thin the sauce.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Divide into plates and garnish with parsley, prosciutto, and parmesan cheese.