- 2 packs of ladyfingers (24 biscuits)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 12 oz. frozen fresh cranberries
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, and water in a pot. Cook them together on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring the whole time until the mixture is thick. Set aside and let it cool in the fridge.
- In a top of double boiler, over boiling water, combine egg yolks and sugar under low heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously. Set aside from heat and whip until thick.
- Add mascarpone and beat until combined.
- In a spring form pan, put down ladyfingers and then lightly brush with amaretto, just to get them wet. Arrange the lady fingers in the bottom of a baking dish. Spoon the mascarpone mixture over the lady fingers. Then spoon the cranberry over the mascarpone mixture. Repeat process with another layer of lady fingers and cream. Refrigerate the dessert 4 hours to let it all set firmly.
- Dust the top with dark cocoa by shaking it through a small sieve.