After months of hiatus, it’s safe to say… I’m happy to be back home to my #SundaySupper family. At first, I thought of postponing my posts for a few days, but suddenly days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. I sometimes wonder how bloggers out there manage their time between work, house chores, blogging, and the rest. Come on, maestro, tell me your secret! #bitingmynailseagertolearnyoursecretweapon.
Now, let’s move to the fun part, food part, to be exact. A little trivia about me – I love brunch, especially brunch on weekends, because that’s the only time for Frederick and me to get together. Often, we invite our family to come to our shack to enjoy brunch. Just something casual, pancakes or waffles with bacon, sausage, and hash browns. Last week, I tried something different and I must admit, #SundaySupper really encourages me to try something new. I’ve never tried turning zucchini into breakfast kind of pancakes. For me, zucchini is more like savory items that you enjoy with sour cream, not with maple syrup.
..and I proof myself wrong. This zucchini pancakes tastes so yummy that you can’t even tell there’s zucchini in it. The additional chocolate chips make this pancakes to crave for, especially these days when zucchini are in season. So, with Fall kicking in the corner (yay, pumpkin), let me present: Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes.Print
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 1 cup grated zucchini, discard water
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients (except maple syrup) and stir gently.
- Heat the frying pan to a medium low to a non-stick pan.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle or pan.
- Cook for about two minutes or until the pancake is golden, then flip the pan[url href=”http://www.brunchwithjoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BrunchWithJoy_ChocolateZucchiniPancakes_0914_1.png”][/url]cake gently.
- Cook the other side until golden and remove.
- Category: Breakfast
And oh, one last thing… don’t forget to check out these amazing recipes, too!
Starters – Appetizers & Cocktails:
- Pumpkin Pie Cocktail from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Spaghetti Squash & Zucchini Pancakes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Zucchini Pizza Bites from Mommas Meals
- Zucchini Tomato Focaccia Bread with Pretzel Salt from Family Foodie
Pickles & Relish:
Soups and Salads:
- Creamy Dairyfree Zucchini Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli e Zucchini from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pumpkin soup with Bacon & Persimmon from Culinary Adventures with Camillia
- Tofu Vegetable Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Zucchini Cheese Soup from Noshing with the Nolands
- Zucchini Noodles with Basil Vinaigrette from Ruffles and Truffles
- Beef, Butternut & Potato Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Ragu over Spaghetti Squash from The Texan New Yorker
- Black Bean, Butternut Squash & Millet Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Ancho-Guajillo Chile Sauce from Simply Healthy Family
- Butternut Chicken Risotto from Cooking Chat
- Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini Boats from La Cocina de Leslie
- Gluten Free Zucchini Noodles & Meatballs from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Acorn Squash Ramen from Ninja Baking
- Rustic Summer Squash Tart from The Redhead Baker
- Sausage & Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cups from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sesame Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Shockingly Delicious
- Spinach & Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Stuffed Red Kuri Squash from Food Lust People Love
- Tex-Mex Stuffed Acorn Squash from Runners Tales
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Lasagna from Curious Cuisiniere
- Zucchini-Corn Pancakes from The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Thyme Baked Acorn Squash from An Appealing Plan
- Creamy Baked Acorn Squash from Simply Gourmet
- Grilled Zucchini & Corn Succotash from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Kabocha Nimono (Simmered Acorn Squash) from A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Kabocha Squash from Peaceful Cooking
- Roasted Zucchini & Squash Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Spaghetti Squash Fritters from Nosh My Way
- Sweet & Savory Roasted Delicata Squash & Pear from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Zucchini Succotash Cobbler from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Sweets to Start or End the Day:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Coffeecake with Chocolate Crumb from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes from Brunch with Joy
- Granny’s Zucchini Bread from Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups with Pumpkin Spice Dipping Sauce from Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Cookie Butter Cinnamon Rolls from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Cheesecake Streusel Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Zucchini Brownies from Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Zucchini Lemon Ginger Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.