This Chicken Piccata Pasta is an easy yet very special chicken dish – great for a weeknight family meal!I had a blast over the weekend when a bunch of girlfriends got together over Korean BBQ. It’s a girls only, all you can eat, soju night. What could be better than that? The place we went to was so hype and packed, but luckily we made a reservation a month ahead. Yes, it was that busy and the wait (for walk-in) could take 3 hours or so.
Sad to say, the place was far from my expectation. The grill was not set up properly and even worst, the meats were quite bland as they were not marinated long enough. It was quite a disappointment but we still enjoyed the gathering and came back with BBQ smell from head to toe.
But I have something better to share with you. This Chicken Picatta Pasta is the best! There are two things that make this dish amazing. First, it’s a one-pot recipe and super easy to make. Who does not love less dishwashing and still enjoying the best meal ever? And secondly, I’m using organic chicken from Foster Farms. Since 1939, West Coast families have depended on Foster Farms for premium quality, locally grown poultry products. Family-owned and operated, Foster Farms continues its legacy of excellence and commitment to quality established by its founders, Max and Verda Foster.
I am a picky eater when it comes to meat. As much as I love beef or chicken, I am so neat picky and only like certain part of it. Thankfully, Foster Farms specializes in fresh, all-natural chicken and turkey products free of preservatives, additives or injected sodium enhancers. The company’s fresh chicken products carry the American Humane Certified seal ensuring validation of animal welfare practices. Their products are perfect for this Chicken Piccata Pasta!! You can find Foster Farms poultry products at your local Safeway stores and they will have demo of organic chicken at Bay Area Safeway stores on weekends from March 12 through May 8.Print
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1lb skinless, boneless organic chicken breast halves, pounded thin and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs capers
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 11/2-2 cups spinach
- Coat the chicken in salt, pepper, and flour. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; stir and cook the garlic until light brown, about 1 minute. Remove the garlic from the skillet and set aside.
- Place butter into the skillet. Cook the chicken pieces in the oil and butter over medium-high heat until brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the wine into the hot skillet and bring to a boil over high heat, scraping the browned pieces from the bottom and sides of the pan. Boil the wine until it is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and whisk in the chicken broth, reserved garlic, and lemon juice. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add in spinach, chicken, and capers to the skillet and continue cooking over medium heat until the sauce thickens and the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite
- Sprinkle parsley on top and mix well.
And wait… there’s a giveaway. Three of you might win a $20 Safeway gift card each.
Disclaimer: I was compensated by Foster Farms for my time in creating this post. All opinions are my own.