Fresh homemade pesto blended perfectly with cherry tomatoes, chicken, and your fave pasta.
This is a fuss free one-pot dish perfect as a delicious weeknight dinner idea. A great way to get in your healthy fats and keep you full!
Hiya. I love this chicken pesto pasta.
The only reason I was compelled to make this meal in the first place was that it was so easy to make. Well okay, maybe two reasons. The other one was because this dinner fits our budget and is the perfect size for just the two of us.
First of all, pasta – I love pasta! What can I say, I’m an active member of carboholics anonymous and pasta is my biggest weakness. Oops, did I say that out loud? So, when I need to make Sunday supper, dinner-for-two style, there’s nothing more exciting than a quick and easy comfort meal. After all, it is Sunday, and you deserve something comforting and simple.
As a little twist on this dish, you can use penne pasta instead of your regular angel hair or spaghetti which I prefer. And this pasta is more than just delicious, fork-twirling noodles – it also has homemade pistachio pesto.
This dish is ready to go with just your regular pantry ingredients. All you have to do is toss those pretties up in the pan and bam! This pasta can be ready in less than 30 minutes, and you’ll be all googly-eyes over your winning meal of creamy, delicious, filling chicken pesto pasta.
Now, would you excuse me while I have a moment with this pasta?Print
- 2 tbs Homemade Pistachio Pesto
- 4 oz penne pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 piece boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss cherry tomato with 1 tbs olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until tomatoes are blistered and beginning to burst. Let cool.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in chicken and cook until chicken is golden, and cooked through.
- Add the pesto and half-and-half. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and pasta in. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top.
Simple Dinner Ideas for Two
Entrees for Two
- 4-Ingredient Caprese Stuffed Peppers by Shockingly Delicious
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp by Wholistic Woman
- Beef Carpaccio with Truffle Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butter Poached Cod with Lentils by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cacio e Pepe with Parmesan Frico by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Mushroom Stuffed Squash by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Pot Pie for 2 by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Easy Chicken Pesto Pasta by Brunch-n-Bites
- Filet with Crabéarnaise by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peppered Chicken with Saffron Polenta by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Vegetable Orzo by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Shrimp Biranyi by Our Good Life
- Shrimp Canneloni by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Teriyaki Rice Bowl by Life Tastes Good
Desserts for Two
- Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cookie by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies for 2 by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kahlua Tiramisu for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.