Brioche bread pudding is the coziest, simplest and most satisfying dessert. It is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients with simple classic flavors.
- 6 slices day-old Brioche bun
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Bourbon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break bread into 1-inch pieces and add them into an 8-inch or 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, butter, milk, sugar, vanilla bean paste, salt, and bourbon. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaked in the egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the custard is well puffed and set but still soft in the center.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy with maple syrup or vanilla ice cream.