Yes, breakfast salad is a thing and it is worth waking up for. Start the day with a bright, fresh, and delicious veggie-packed breakfast and crunchy savory cheese crisp. This breakfast salad is easy to assemble with a few pre-prepped ingredients and makes a delicious side dish!
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- 1 cup blueberries and raspberries
- 2 dates, remove seeds and slice
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- For the cheese crisp: preheat your oven to 400F. Arrange a heaping tablespoon of cheese on a Silpat and lightly pat down. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until crisp.
- For the salad dressing: combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the salad: mix salad with salad dressing. Divide the mixed greens to 2 plates then add the rest of the ingredients on top.