Last year, I’ve been working on rebranding items, for internal and external clients. The company I worked for deal with branding and the psychology behind it. So, it’s fun to see the transformation of brand and how people react to that. Q4 of 2014 was a big hit since everybody tried to get things done before the holiday but it was fairly quiet between Christmas and New Year. However, in our department, the atmosphere is still pretty hectic since we aimed to launch a new look when 2015 starts. So, there was no downtime or whatsoever, other than a chance to work at my own phase… woke up late, stayed up late, had lunch while baking champagne cake and drank the rest of the champagne (Read:I multitasked – I was working from home and getting ready for New Year).
So when last week started, it was a BIG challenge for me. Work suddenly back to mountain top, non-stop back-and-forth emails and tight deadlines. There came sleepless nights, whatever’s leftovers dinner, and five working days felt like forever already. Poor Frederick, he has to wait for me to be able to enjoy dinner together, which normally happened after 8pm if he’s lucky enough. And the hardest part was waking up in the morning. I literally set my alarm clock in three different time, just in case I missed the snooze button. And of course, I kept on snoozing.
Well, by now I am partially recovered, as you can tell from what I ate today. Breakfast is my favorite and weekend brunch always excite me. Today’s theme is about casseroles and Alice of A Cookingmizer is hosting this event. Casseroles is exactly what I need right now and this boozy baked french toast is so comforting. Loaded with chocolates and Jamaica rum (you can replace it with Kahlua or Bailey’s), this boozy baked french toast is a good starter for Sunday Supper. So now, please excuse me while I’m going back to my desk and continue working
(and sipping my Jamaica rum cocktail).
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Jamaica rum
- 1 loaf brioche bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tbs salted butter, for greasing baking dish
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Generously grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with salted butter.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and rum.
- Add brioche cubes and let mixture soak for 5 minutes (best when refrigerate overnight).
- Spoon into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Cut into generous squares and serve with maple syrup over bread.
Captivating Breakfast Casseroles
- Boozy Baked French Toast from Brunch with Joy
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Redhead Baker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Corkscrew Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma’s Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Homemade Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom’s Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Cheesy, Layered Italian Pasta Torta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Strata from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert and Sweet Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ultimate Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.