Last Thursday, the Bay Area was hit by a rainstorm. It’s actually the biggest rainstorm we experienced since 2008 and honestly, I didn’t quite remember that last one we had as it’s been a while since we had any rain. We were planning to go to Costco for our monthly shopping on Wednesday, but Frederick was pulled into an impromptu meeting and had to stay late at work. Poor guy, he was caught in a traffic jam and only managed to reach home around 9. So I went to Target by myself and picked up some emergency stuffs for the rainstorm period. And as you can guess, Target was packed that night. Water were almost gone when I got there and only few packs left. Flashlight had gone out hours before, and only small packs were available. Thankfully, I was managed to score one that I found randomly.
On Thursday, we were both home-officed. My sister was brave enough to go to her office in the city and I was so worried about her being stuck in the tunnel, but she was able to return home in one piece. What I thought going to be a light workday due to the storm turned out to be the opposite. It was one of the longest workday ever, but I’m glad that everything went back to normal and we survived the stormageddon.
This week Sunday Supper is about libational recipes, brought to you by Foodie Stuntman and A Cooking Mizer. I love anything that involves alcohol and this is my first time adding beer to pancakes. I’m quite surprise with the result and by far, this is one of my favorite pancakes recipe. They’re fluffy, airy and dark beer really adds additional flavor to these pancakes. In short, I’m so loving it!Print
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberry
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup combine the buttermilk, beer, and egg. Whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the beer/buttermilk mix, fold gently for a few turns. Continue to fold until just combined–some lumps and streaks of flour are okay, do not overmix. Gently fold in the blueberries. Let the batter sit while heating up a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Grease the griddle or skillet and pour about ¼ cup batter per pancake. Once bubbles are formed on top and along the edges, flip the cake once to finish cooking on the other side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
- Big Easy Milk Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Boozy Iced Spanish Coffee by Nosh My Way
- Campari Mint Spritzer by eating in instead
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Ruffles & Truffles
- Creamy, Loaded Eggnog by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Malibu Breeze by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Merry Berry Spritz by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Minty Lime Rum by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Panache by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Fool Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Pomegranate Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sparkling Pomegranate Berry Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Vanilla Bailey’s With A Twist by Momma’s Meals
Savory and Sweet Libational Dishes
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beerberry Pancakes by Brunch with Joy
- Beet Relish by What Smells So Good?
- Belgian Beef Stew with Belgian Ale by Cooking On The Ranch
- Brandied Triple Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- Champagne Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornish Game Hens with Sausage Red Wine Sauce over Polenta by The Texan New Yorker
- Craft Beer Jelly by Nik Snacks
- Eggnog Dutch Baby Pancakes with Cranberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Hot Buttered Rum Balls by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lentil Soup with Wine Braised Shallots by Pancake Warriors
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs by Cooking Chat
- Amaretto Coconut Biscotti with Amaretto Salted Caramel Drizzle by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Pears with a Warm Tequila-Citrus Espuma by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bourbon Cranberry Compote by Pies and Plots
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Rum Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Dumante Frozen Espresso Creams by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Honey Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Kahlua Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Poached Pears with Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Rum Glazed Cookie Cream Buns by NinjaBaker
- Tiramisu Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.