- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup a.p. flour
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed 2 oz prosciutto torn into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Place cast-iron skillet over medium heat and stir butter until melted. Continue to cook, slightly simmering, until butter foams, stirring often. Once butter forms toasty brown bits, becomes a golden caramel color, and has a warm nutty aroma, pour in the batter.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and arrange asparagus on the skillet. Bake for 20 minutes, until puffy and sides are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with prosciutto. Serve immediately.