I’m feeling really cheesy today, but in a good way! Oh BTW, are we friends on Instagram yet? If not, we probably should be so you don’t miss any of my stories, like this ah-ma-zing cheese story.
Cheese lovers, you are in for a treat. Check out these awesome cheese selections from Cabot. Holy cheese and crackers!
And today I’m sharing this Asparagus and Cheese Tart recipe that will have your mouth watering in seconds. This mini cheese tart recipe is so incredibly simple and beautifully easy to make. My secret for making this recipe is using fresh ingredients and that means Michigan Asparagus is a frontrunner.
I’ve learned so much about Michigan Asparagus in the past few weeks and here are some cool things about this awesome vegetable:
- Their season is early/mid-May to June
- Michigan is one of the only domestic production regions for US-grown asparagus. That means less food miles and fresher asparagus. Plus, they are also one of the largest asparagus found in the US.
- The hand harvested spears are “snapped” versus cut. What that means is that you get fresher, more usable asparagus with less woody and unusable ends.
- All of the asparagus is hand harvested and hand packed… that means the vegetables are handled with care.
- Michigan asparagus can grow 2 inches a day at the peak of the season.
See that picture up there? It’s calling your name. They might not be super pretty, but whatever. They are delicious and healthy, so let’s call it a win.Print
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed the hard end
- 2 cups Everything Bagel cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs honey-dijon mustard
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 12 minutes, or until golden brown and lightly puffed up. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet.
- Brush honey dijon mustard to the center of puff pastry and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese over the center of tart.
- Lay asparagus out in a single layer, alternating direction of the tips with each row. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and asparagus is tender.
And since we’re having a #brunchweek party, don’t forget to check out what others are making. Be sure to join this amazing giveaway too, because I really want you to win! Yes you! Do it!
Barley and Apple Salad with Kale Pesto from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Asparagus and Cheese Tart from Brunch-n-Bites
Egg & Veggie Casserole from The Chef Next Door
Muffin Tin Frittatas from Sweet Beginnings
Red Pepper, Asparagus and Cheddar Quiche from Family Around the Table
Shaksuka from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal from Cooking with Carlee
Chocolate Caramel Muffins from The PinterTest Kitchen
French Toast Sticks from The Barbee Housewife
Khachapuri (Georgian Cheese Bread with Eggs) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes from For the Love of Food
Strawberry Streusel Crescent Muffins from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Tiramisu Pancakes from Tara’s Multicultural Kitchen
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad from Eat Move Make
Asparagus Tart from Mildly Meandering
Creamy & Luscious Italian Asparagus from Girl Abroad
Roast Carrots with Pine Nuts & Feta from Books n’ Cooks
Sweet Potato Avocado Toast from Forking Up
Champagne Mimosa Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Beet Frosting from Daily Dish Recipes
Espresso Coffee Cake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Peach Brown Butter Coffee Cake from The Redhead Baker
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, LorAnn Oils and Flavors, Cento Fine Foods, Michigan Asparagus, Cal-Organic and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.