- 2lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 11/2 cup a.p. flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- For the lemon sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- To make lemon sauce: combine all of the ingredients in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce until slightly thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Working in small batch, dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.
- Fry chicken to the skillet, and cook until evenly golden and crispy. Transfer to a towel-lined plate. Drizzle with lemon glaze.
Adapted from BlogChef: http://blogchef.net/honey-pepper-chicken-strips-recipe/