Strawberry Chia Jam is the perfect, sweet, and fresh addition to your toast, bagel, or muffin. Of course, it’s delicious all on its own but, definitely will do a great job of jazzing up other foods as well. Chia seeds add a delicious and healthy aspect to this delightfully easy spread.
- 1 pack of strawberries 454g or 16oz, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar or adjust depending on ripeness and sweetness of strawberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- In a small bowl, mix the water and chia seeds then set aside.
- Place the strawberries in a small pot with a 2 tablespoons of water and the sugar, over medium-low heat simmer until strawberries release their juice and have softened about 10 minutes. Turn heat off then mix in the lime or lemon juice until well combined. Now mix in the hydrated chia seeds and stir until well combined. Allow to come to room temperature and thicken up, then pour into container.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator, the jam will stay fresh for up to one week — if it lasts you that long! You can now enjoy it on top of your favorite toast, as a topping for yogurt or any dessert, pancakes, crepes or anything you’d normally put jam on. This recipe makes one and two-thirds cup of jam, you can easily double it or triple as desired.